GPC74 Health and Safety Manager Wins SCTG Award
Posted Friday December 11th, 2015, 9:00 am
Emma Purchase, Angie Moss, Stuart Bishop (SCTG Chairman), Louis Purchase
Well done to GPC74 Health and Safety Manager Angie Moss for winning The Shropshire Construction Training Group award for Outstanding Employee as nominated by her peers.
This award is open to any member of your company. The nominee will have made a significant contribution to your company demonstrating exceptional commitment and passion for the industry in general.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- An established history of commitment and dedication
- Respect from colleagues
- Inspiration to others in your company
- Excelling and producing outstanding work practice
- Personal qualities that make this individual stand out above others.
Angie had been with GPC74 for only a few months when she was awarded ‘Employee of the Month’ for the professional, warm, approachable personality she brought to the role, whilst delivering thoughtful, well presented work, received well by both Staff and Clients.
Angie brought a wealth of knowledge and experience, and her CV and references evidenced dedication to her work and commitment to Health & Safety. In her short time with GPC74 she established strong, trusting relationships with Site Personnel, and quickly provided a much needed link between the Office and Sites. These relationships have continued to grow, and the success of Angie’s work has now become apparent not only to GPC74, but to our clients and external bodies too.
In June 2015, two sites for our largest client achieved the highest marks ever achieved in their Site Safety inspections at 96% and 100%! – A huge credit to our Site Staff, but also a direct result of the hard work that Angie put into developing easy to implement, effective policies and procedures, and a culture where health and safety is paramount and at the forefront of the minds of staff at all times.
Following this, our largest Client also awarded us their first ‘Safe Contractor of the Month’, again a direct result of Angie’s work – this time for simplifying our Construction Phase Plan to reduce paperwork and bureaucracy, a key aim of CDM2015.
Jon Bailey, Pre-Pro Consult says:
“As CDM consultant for Wyevale we have really enjoyed working with Angie. She is knowledgeable, personable and committed to achieving the right H&S outcomes. Since joining GPC74, and reflecting their growth, Angie has transformed their approach to H&S. I have listed below a few items that stick in my mind:
- She has introduced an excellent H&S management system. No small feat in an SME construction company and one that many larger companies would be proud of! Concise, effective and simple for site managers to complete, it has helped GPC74 consider H&S much earlier into their projects.
- She addressed key health issues: GPC74 were the first contractor for Wyevale to bring in RPE face fit testing for all site based workers, and she implemented a procedure to ensure dusty activities are not undertaken indoors or without extraction.
- She carries out as many workers inductions as she can, as well as fulfilling H&S manager duties, and supporting specific project H&S requirements and documentation.
It is this last point particularly that has given her the respect of site workers and management alike. She’s an asset to GPC74 and the Wyevale project team. The projects she’s involved with are much the better (and safer) for it”.
When asking staff for feedback for this nomination, there were many recurring statements; Supportive, caring and approachable to all, nothing is too much trouble, an admirable rapport with staff, clients & contractors, and incredibly hardworking and knowledgeable. GPC74 believe Angie to be rare find and cannot praise her enough for the contribution she has made.